Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Seriously?


"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

— Marilyn Monroe


I’ve seen this quote posted up on Facebook status updates and on blogs sites. My first thought is: “OK, you’re a jerk. Thanks for the warning.”

The sheer arrogance of that statement is actually kind of mind boggling. Why would this sort of person think they offer something worthy of putting up with them? It leaves me wondering just how desirable this person would be even at their “best”.

But my biggest question is: what makes you think that I deserve your worst?

5 comments:

  1. Teri - I'm with you totally - with friends like that, who needs enemies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stand on the fence with this one, because I have felt that way before... and I was being arrogant at the time. I can admit that. It's not a good way to feel. I do agree with you though... what makes you think *I* deserve your worst... I would like to think that everyone has felt that way before... but maybe I'm wrong. ~ Amanda English

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just put into words exactly how I felt everytime I read that on someone's fb post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't seen that quote before, but it sure does make me wonder what kind of person relates to that? It really shows how self centered people can be.
    Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I guess she was as superficial on the inside as she was on the outside. Poor thing - yes, arrogant, but how miserable a life must anyone have who feels that way? I don't care who said it - I can at once shake my head in disapproval and at the same time, pity them. I actually have a friend like that at work; everybody hates him; and I have my moments when I have to hold my tongue - BUT, in the end, I always have to remind myself how miserable he makes his own life. And then I feel sorry for him and resolve to be his friend, and then he does something totally evil, and the whole thing starts all over again.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.