You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Gift...

When I turned 30 my parents gave me a set of pearls for my birthday. Since there is such a huge range of colors and shades, they let me chose my own. I thought it would be an easy thing. Decide how long of a strand I want and what size pearls.

Pearls are white… so there’s no issue there, right?

Wrong!

There had to have been 30 shades of “white” pearls to look at. And I think I looked for over an hour.


And I selected these… a soft white with a rosy gold overtone. 

It is a beautiful strand of pearls.





A wonderful gift from the sea.

Thanks Dad and Mom… I still love them.






6 comments:

  1. What lovely photos... and pearls are one of my favourite. I love the shots of them with the seashells...a nic juxtaposition....hard to believe where they come from really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty photos! Pearls are just lovely, aren't they? I never knew there were that many shades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I love pearls and these are incredible.
    Your photo's are awesome too.
    I'm joining up with RAZMATAZ photo challenge.
    ~Jo
    Lazyonloblolly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teri, beautiful pictures of a special gift from your parents. You did a wonderful job of showcasing their beauty. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, I just love the shot of the pearls with the shells. Clever. Kit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.