Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Gift...

When I turned 30 my parents gave me a set of pearls for my birthday. Since there is such a huge range of colors and shades, they let me chose my own. I thought it would be an easy thing. Decide how long of a strand I want and what size pearls.

Pearls are white… so there’s no issue there, right?

Wrong!

There had to have been 30 shades of “white” pearls to look at. And I think I looked for over an hour.


And I selected these… a soft white with a rosy gold overtone. 

It is a beautiful strand of pearls.





A wonderful gift from the sea.

Thanks Dad and Mom… I still love them.






6 comments:

  1. What lovely photos... and pearls are one of my favourite. I love the shots of them with the seashells...a nic juxtaposition....hard to believe where they come from really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty photos! Pearls are just lovely, aren't they? I never knew there were that many shades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I love pearls and these are incredible.
    Your photo's are awesome too.
    I'm joining up with RAZMATAZ photo challenge.
    ~Jo
    Lazyonloblolly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teri, beautiful pictures of a special gift from your parents. You did a wonderful job of showcasing their beauty. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, I just love the shot of the pearls with the shells. Clever. Kit

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.