Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What's Up for March?


I’m finding that almost all my goals for each month are actually taking more like 6 to 8 weeks to actually complete. This in itself is not a problem except for the fact that I’m trying to blog about them within the month time frame. Stressful!!

So I’m going to take a bit of a hiatus in certain postings to give myself time to get everything done properly. In other words, I get done when I get done and I’ll post my reveals (be it projects or recipes) at that time.

At this point I am finishing up the kitchen and bedroom decluttering/makeovers. In the kitchen I still have to paint (this picking colors is giving me such a headache!) and have my new faucet installed. In the bedroom I have to bring my new bed down from MO (truck was too packed to bring it home this last trip) and paint. Besides, I don’t like to paint when I can’t open the windows.

The cooking adventures are moving a bit slow because I’m the only one here right now… when Himself is home there are very few (or no) leftovers. When it’s just me… I can eat on one recipe for four days! But I am discovering new recipes and ways to use my ingredients. I look forward to sharing them.

That being said, I’m ready to move on to my March goals and plans.

The goal this month is to finish with organizing my house. The upstairs is done except for the bathrooms. It’s time for those little things – home records, photos, recipes and so on.

And as I just mentioned, the bathrooms aren’t done and therefore are the focus of my decluttering and organizing for this month. I’ll be doing both the hall and master bathrooms at the same time. Depending on how energetic I am, the wallpaper may be coming down in the hall bath (sounds like a “Gitter Done” project to me!).

My Iron Chef challenge will be to work with chicken and coconut (hope to find some whole coconuts). And I will be experimenting with the flavors of the Caribbean – time to fire up the grill again!

And finally I’ll bring a wee bit of the Irish into the house for St Patrick’s Day decorating.

It’s going to be a fun month!

1 comment:

  1. I am so looking forward to seeing pictures of everything. By the way, do you have any special way of opening coconuts? I've tried the hammer thing, the heating in the oven thing - I finally just vowed I'd never buy a whole one again!

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.