Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Red-headed Irish...

My great grandmother used to say of her mother-in-law “She was red-headed Irish and a temper to match!”

And so, with great great grandmother in my background, I lay claim to the celebratin’ o’ the day with a wee bit of green… St Patrick’s Day.


I don’t believe in luck so I was happy to find a sign about St Patrick’s Day blessings.  The Irish lass is a music box.  She plays “When Irish Eyes Are Smiling”.  Dad gave her to me almost 40 years ago! 

I couldn’t believe finding shamrocks in the grocery store floral department!  I wonder if they are hardy for TN.  We’ll find out!  The bowl in the middle will be filled with chocolate coins next year.  I forgot to buy them! 

We keep an antique bowl here to catch our keys.  I replaced it for the month with this cute shamrock bowl.

Found this plate at Hobby Lobby. It was just the right size for this space in the hall bathroom.

And that’s it for my St Patrick’s Day decorating. I’ve seen a few ideas that I will craft before next year.

1 comment:

  1. How fun to decorate for St. Patrick's Day. I thought I was doing alright just by wearing green. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.