Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Good Eats: Falls Terrace restaurant in Tumwater, WA

While in Washington, we visited a friend of Himself who had worked on his ship.  We met A in Tumwater (near Olympia) at the Falls Terrace restaurant.  This restaurant is built at the edge of the Tumwater Falls. 

They take full advantage of the fabulous setting – every table has a view.  We were given a table right at the window and this is what we looked at.

From the other direction. 

The restaurant features local seafood.  We started with a bowl of mussels.  For dinner we each had something different and none of us was disappointed.  (Sorry that I have no photos of the food.  I was so caught up in the view, visiting and eating I completely forgot to pick up the camera!)  It was very good and I would not hesitate to go back.


After dinner we went for a walk along the river.  Even tho it had been rainy most of the day, it stopped during the time we were walking.

The views were lovely.

In at each of the falls there were salmon ladders to help the fish with their migration.

The falls were larger than I had thought they would be.

No kidding!!

Himself and I on the bridge above the lower falls.

I loved this totem!  It made me laugh as I imagined the faces of the processors in the Indy as they were up to their eyes in salmon.

1 comment:

  1. How pretty!!! What a neat place! Adding it to our list of places to see :-)

    Much love,
    Future Mama
    http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.