Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Bringing Spring Inside

Spring arrived four days ago, so in my opinion, it is time for winter to be OVER!  Don’t get me wrong.  I love winter.  But I am ready for flowers and planting and sitting out on the deck.

However, I’m going to have to wait a bit on getting outside.  Temps are going to be down in the 20s this week!  -sigh-

So I decided to bring a bit of spring inside.


And our sofa table was the perfect place to start. 


Our daffodils are blooming like crazy.  I have about 5 or 6 different varieties and will be planting more this fall.  I’m a real fan of Ikebana arrangements.  I’m going to work on learning how to do them this summer. 


Nothing says spring more around here than a bird next.  (This one fell from a tree after a storm.)  The ‘egg’ is made from frosted glass.


Tiny ‘tete-a-tete’ daffodils I found at Wal-Mart for less than a dollar a pot are sitting in an Easter basket I made a few years ago.  A little Spanish moss from Dollar Tree (THE cheapest place to get moss!) covers the pots.  When the blooms are done, I’ll plant these wee treasures out with my other daffodils.  I found the cute lamb at a consignment shop in St. Louis near the Botanical Garden.


The black sheep lamb is from Hobby Lobby a few years ago.  I stalked him for weeks until he was finally 65% off. 

I had so much fun putting this together I’m looking for other places to add a bit of spring!




http://www.worthingcourtblog.com/2014/03/spring-vignette.html



1 comment:

  1. Oooh - what a lovely vignette! I adore the lamb you scored at Hobby Lobby! Thank you for linking up to the Swing Into Spring Vignette Party.

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.