It just takes a little bit of snow in Tennessee to be 'snowed in'... especially when you live on a steep hill. After the salt truck slid down sideways last year, they are kind of slow getting our hill plowed.
So what is there to do?
1. Feed the birds.
2. Bird watch the feeder guests.
3. Watch Persia watch the birds. She's found her comfy spot right in front of the heater!
4. Amuse ourselves at Persia's expense. She had no idea what she was asking for when she wanted to go out on the deck! LOL
5. Enjoy fresh baked biscuit with local honey (a gift from a friend).
6. Rescue a she-Cardinal who hit the window. We have a pitcher dedicated to being the 'recovery room' for birds who need to get their wits about them after hitting a window.
7. Rescue another bird... this time a Yellow Bellied Sap Sucker. He didn't care for our hospitality.
(This is where he landed after hitting the window. You can see the three places where his wings flapped on the snow.)
(Himself's footprints from the rescue.)
7. Send Himself out to get a big bowl of snow...
7b. To make a big bowl of snow ice cream!
8. Then watch the sun set from our warm and cozy home
How did you spend your day?