Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Opportunitst!!

This is Carmen the wren.

Carmen has a habit of letting herself into the house any time we leave a door open. When we had our ducts cleaned, she flew into the step van of the cleaning crew and wouldn’t come out until she was ready!

She also throws a lot of seed out of the feeder… even tho it’s all safflower. Not like she is going to find something different in there.


Himself left a pair of old boots out on the table next to the front door. He’d worn the soles out and I was going to use them somehow in the garden…maybe a planter or even a birdhouse. I hadn’t decided what I wanted to do with them.

I don’t need to decide anymore…


…Carmen has taken one over.


And she left something in it.


Baby birds just are not cute…


…tho they do get better with time.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I'm so glad a cat didn't come along and find that nest! Love the sequence of photos, nice job!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just too precious for words Teri. Sounds like Carmen has become very attached to you both to feel that comfortable! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating! Sounds like Carmen has become as tame as a wild bird can be -- enough so to choose your home and hubby's boot as her home, too. Loved this story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teri. Ethelmae pointed me in your direction. I love this post! Wrens are usually such shy and secretive birds. I'm absolutely amazed that Carmen is sharing her life so openly with you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.