You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Wonderful Hostess Gift

Don't you love going out to the mail box and finding a wonderful surprise in it?

A while back we overnight hosted a friend of Himself's, her new husband, and his parents (plus their sweet kitten-cat and some fish  LOL) as they moved from Ft. Rucker, AL up to Ft Riley, Kansas.  The box was a thank you gift from the parents.


Their home is in the San Juan Islands of Washington and the gifts they picked out are all local made or grown treats.  

I wish you could smell the soaps.  They are going to spend some time in a couple of drawers before we actually use them.  The "Gardener's Scrub" has comfrey root, bay, clove, and lavender... plus pumice for the 'scrub'.  The "Ginger Root" is just that... GINGER.  

On the right are two bars of fudge.  Both are sooooo good, in fact I am munching on the Dulce de Leche as I write this.

And I assume the English walnuts are from their yard (they didn't say).  I'll come up with a special treat to use those and maybe a craft or two using the shells.

Thank you so much Dan and Linda!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.