Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Pinterest Inspired: The Perfect Poached Egg?

I love poached eggs.  But I never can get the traditional "dropped in boiling water" method to work for me.  My egg usually ends up looking like a candidate for Egg Drop Soup.  Ugh.

So when I came across a method attributed to Julia Child I decided to give it a try.


First you are to pin prick a hole in the blunt side of the egg.  I used a tack because there was no way a needle was going through this egg shell.


Then you put the egg into boiling water for 20 seconds.  After 20 seconds you turn down the temp, get the egg out, and break it back into the now simmering water.  The egg shell was a little bit hot but not bad.


Then you poach as normal until it reaches your level of doneness.

At this point I was very pleased with the results.  No cooked egg whites floating around like sea weed!


A very close to perfect poach egg!



1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I'll have to remember this next time I need a poached egg.

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.