Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Travel Theme: Frame (Through the Windows of Scotland)

The theme for this week is 'framed' photos.  Easy topic for me since I love doing this with my photos.  I think my very best photographs often use the framing method.

Here are some of my favorite 'framed' photos I took while in Scotland, using a window or door.


Dunstaffnage Castle, partial ruins

One of the oldest stone castles in Scotland, it dates to 1220.  This view looks out to Loch Etive.


Stirling Castle, these buildings date to the 1400s.

One of the most important castles in Scotland, with several kings and queens having been crowned here.   The window reflects other portions of the castle.


Argyll's Lodging, near Stirling Castle.


A view of Loch Duich from the iconic Eilean Donan castle.


Castle Urquhart window overlooking Loch Ness.


View of the Highlands from our window on the Jacobite Steam Train.


Sorbie Tower, seat of the Clan Hanna.


The Baptist church on the west side of Colonsay Island...


... and the Church of Scotland on the east side of the island.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.