You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Thursday, April 21, 2016

Ham and Potato Hotdish




HAM & POTATO BAKE

1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 T. butter or margarine
1 T. Flour
1/2 t. salt
2/3 cup milk
1 cup Velveeta cheese, shredded
2 t. yellow mustard
1 ½ cups chopped ham (or 4-5 hotdogs)
5 med. potatoes, cooked and sliced thickly

In small saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender but not brown.  Blend in flour and salt.  Add milk all at once, cook & stir over medium heat til thickened and bubbly.  Add shredded cheese, stirring to melt.  Stir in mustard.  Fold in hot dogs and potatoes.  Turn into a 1 qt casserole.  Cover and bake in 350 oven about 35 minutes or til heated thru.

Notes:
I usually skip the oven part.  It's plenty hot coming off the stove!  However, the browning from being baked is very tasty.

Also, this is a recipe of proportions.  There's nothing 'set in stone' so if you need more just increase it.  Want it cheesier?  Add more cheese.  This is a stick to the ribs comfort food - and is great for feeding teenage boys!




2 comments:

  1. Ham & potatoes & cheese -- every holiday my mom fixed this for supper the next day after ham dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.