You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Sunday, April 3, 2016

What's Wrong With This Tree?

On the same day we hiked out to the spring we came across this tree.


It is covered with these burls/galls/wounds.


A little closer.

While the bark kind of looks like a pine, it isn't.  In the first photo you can see the base has a normal bark.


Even closer.

Each of the wounds is open.


Here's a side view showing the elevation of 2 of the wounds.

Does anyone know what is going on?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.