Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

Fontana Dam on the Little Tennessee River

As I said yesterday, I knew that cold, cold water had to be coming from a dam.  The trout fisherman we spoke to told us how to get over there.


Fontana Dam
(Since there were excellent information boards, I'm going to let them do the explaining.)





I didn't realize that the TVA system went so far into Kentucky and Mississippi.


You could almost feel the static from the electricity.


Fontana Dam has a very different kind of spillway.  See those two tunnels...





Wow!!  I would love to be there when the spillway is opened!!

Below is a video of the gates being opened.  Watch for about 1:30 minutes, then jump up to 3:30 minutes.  Amazing!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.