Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

bareMinerals

In my "remodel me" goal, looking good when I go out is part of the plan. For years I'm worn minimum make up because I just didn't feel like taking the time to do it or even to learn to apply it well. Eyes and lip gloss was all I bothered with.

A few years ago my sis introduced me to bareMinerals make-up. http://bareescentuals.com/ At the time, it was just about the only mineral based powder make up commonly on the market. What interested me was that she said it was easy to use, didn't have a lot of additives, felt light on your skin, and was easy to use. Did I mention she said it was easy to use? :-D

So we went to the boutique that sells it and had a make over. It did seem to be something I'd like, so I bought a start-up assortment.

And it went in my drawer. There it has sat for at least 2 years.



So the beginning of the month I pulled it all out. The seals hadn't even been broken. And I couldn't remember what each product was and what to do with it. -SIGH- Fortunately the web site has videos on how to use it. So here I am... sitting in front of the computer (which isn't so bad because the light is great) with the "how to" video playing and the make-up mirror next to me... trying to figure this out.

Round One took me over an hour to finish my face. But it looked pretty good.


In the 2 weeks I've been using it (every time I go out) I've got it down to about 10 minutes to apply. Not bad. I suspect as I become more comfortable with it I'll become even quicker.

So here's my opinion of bareMinerals--

The Good:

*Easy to blend. Even with my inexperience I'm not having a problem with "make-up mask".

*Covers my dark circles and uneven skin tones well.

*Stays on well enough.

*Natural looking.


The Bad:

*Seems to accent fine lines in my skin. I'm working with facial moisturizers to see if I can work out this issue.

*It's NOT water proof. If it's going to rain... you'd better have a compact to touch it up!!!


All told... I like it. I've noticed that now there are a lot of other companies carrying similar products. That in itself says there must be some merit to it.

1 comment:

  1. I don't use powder(y) stuff for the reason you mention, they do accent lines! No, no!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.