Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Personal Fuel Additives


In working on my "Remodel Me" goal for this month, besides my diet - one that concentrates more on portion control and healthy eating choices - I have also begun to take dietary supplements. I figured I'll accept whatever help I can get! What I am taking is based on my own research and I am NOT making any sort of recommendations to anyone. I believe a person should take a look at things themselves and make an informed decision as to what is right for them.

These are the supplements I personally am taking:

A basic multivitamin without iron (getting iron is not an issue for me - carnivore that I am). I personally think the RDA standards are low, so I take 2 tablets a day.

Glucosamine chondroitin - This has proven beneficial to Himself (who after 22 years jumping out of airplanes has more than his share of achy joints). I know it's beneficial because when he's taking it properly he complains a lot less about his knees! So I'm going to give it a try to see if it works for me. You see, some people it helps and some it doesn't. Kinda like Aspirin - Tylenol - Motrin. What works for one person might not for another.

Co Q-10 - Recommended for cardiac health. When you're overweight that is something that bears thinking about.

Chromium Picolinate - Thru experience I've found I drop weight off faster when I take this twice a day. It helps to metabolize sugars.

Fish oil AND flax oil - both are needed to get the recommended benefits. Fish oil has 2 of the omega-3 oils one needs and flax has a different one.

Vitamin E - First, one should buy the variety labeled "D" as it is much better. Good for the immune system.

Antioxidants in the form of "Eiro". It's the 'flagship' product of Eiro Research. (This is the company that makes the tasty weight loss shakes I've been using). It's a liquid product and one takes 1 oz a day. And it tastes pretty good. Kinda plum-not-quite-prune. http://www.eiro.com/EIROproduct/

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the glucosamine. It did NOT work for me (and I really wish it did)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take many of the vitamins you are taking... but I use Cod Liver Oil instead of plain fish oil in the winter months. I need to check out this weight loss thing you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up, my parents always gave us fish oil (Father John's), but today I just eat a lot of salmon and take the same multi vitamin that you do. Green tea seems to curb my appetite and provide some sort of weight control if I drink it daily. I eat way too much sugar though. Sounds like you have a good plan going there! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.