Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Closet Full of Clothes and Nothing to Wear

I've been in a clothing rut. It was easier to grab a plain T shirt out of my drawer than to figure out what I could wear out of my closet.

So one morning I took time to pull everything out of my closet and try them on. I was pleasantly surprised that a few things that had been a bit too snug were now fitting! As I hung things back up, I culled a few pieces that I know I am no longer interested in. Things that were a touch snug but will soon fit (Yippee!!) were hung to the back of the closet in a clothing bag. And the things I won't be in for a while have been put up in a tub to be stored until I drop a few more BMI points.

(BTW, those velvety hangers on the market now are fantastic. I very highly recommend them.)

So what remains in view are the things that fit, look good, and make me feel good.

The same was happening with my shoes. I would just slip on the old comfy Nikes instead of the other shoes in my closet. OK, now what's that telling me? For some reason I don't want to wear the others. Granted... a few are sandals/clogs and it's just too darn cold to be wearing those. But why not the other pairs?

So I put on each pair of shoes and wore them around the house as I did my normal routine. For the most part, it became apparent quickly why I had been shunning them.

If the fault was with my wide foot and not the shoe, I dropped them in a box to be donated to Soles 4 Souls www.soles4souls.org/ If the shoe itself felt lousy...well, it just got dropped in the trash basket. What was left were shoes that fit well, look good, and made my feet feel good.

Like with the clothes, the reason I had not been using them is because I didn't know what worked and what didn't.

Problem solved!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the currently roomy clothes and the clean closet. I have been doing the South Beach Diet. It really made me aware of how far from healthy my eating had become. Now if I could just get a grip on the overstuffed closet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you for your progress AND your clean closet! Feels good, doesn't it?! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.