Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

DIY Wallpaper Remover That Works!

When Himself and I remodeled the hall bathroom, we had to take down the wall paper the previous owners had in there.  Just like all of our other ‘redo’ experiences in our home… it was a nightmare.

I don’t know what they used to adhere the wallpaper but in some places it was falling down on its own, and in others we could not get it to come off at all.  There were areas it had lifted before them moved out that were stuck down with white glue or Modge Podge!


We scored, spritzed and scraped.  


We steamed.  We tried several different ‘no fail’ methods.  They all failed.


It was literally coming off an inch at a time.  It was so bad we decided when we do the much larger master bathroom with the same wall paper, we are going to rip out the drywall and reinstall new.  It will be a whole lot easier!

Then I came across a method on Pinterest I gave a try because I already had everything to make it with.

In a one gallon jug, mix 1 cup fabric softener, 1 cup ammonia, and fill the rest of the way with water.


It worked!!  No, it didn’t fall to the floor in sheets but I could actually scrape if off with a putty blade.  

If we had not used this method, I think I would still be peeling off wallpaper!  


1 comment:

  1. I pinned this because I have a dated bathroom that I am dreading.

    Madonna
    MakeMineLemon

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.