Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Over The Top Storage

I’ve been stuck with the issue of not enough space in my pantry for some large dried food containers.  I needed someplace close at hand that wasn’t in the pantry.

So I had a seat in the kitchen and looked for under-used space.  It didn’t take long for me to start staring at the top of the refrigerator.  Nothing I had up there was actually useful.

I pulled everything down, and then headed for my storage container stash. 

A few minutes later I had this…


The tray is a bed tray I got on clearance a few years ago from Hobby Lobby.  It was the exact size to hold my large containers of macaroni, spaghetti, wild rice, lentils, and split peas. 

The oil and vinegar server was hand-beaded by me.  


The glass container is perfect for holding my cookie cutters.  Most of the ones I have once belonged to one of my grandmothers or Himself’s mother.  I’ve started picking up ones I like the shape of.

The useless wine rack (over the heat of a refrigerator is the WORST place to store your wines!) now holds my two rolling pins. 

I’m pleased with how it worked out…and I’m pleased to have some more room in the pantry too!


1 comment:

  1. I am always trying to find storage too and this is a fabulous idea, plus it looks fabulous. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.