Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Our Easter Day


Easter sunrise was a mite chilly in Tennessee.  No... it was COLD.  The temp was hanging out right at the freezing mark at 5:30 am as we headed to church for Sunrise Service.

The church sanctuary was softly lit as we sang a few Easter hymns and had prayer before we partook of the Lord's Supper.  Once over, we went down to the family life center for a potluck breakfast.


I brought Easter stuffed eggs.


And Himself made a batch of biscuits.


Because of the Easter crowd, there were two services.  One before the Sunday School time and one after (the regular service).  


Bro. John

After the services, we headed home... and took a nap!  Getting up at 4:30 am is just a bit much for me.  LOL  After our nap, it was time to fix our holiday dinner.


Waiting for me to sit down!


Our dinner:  roast duck, dressing, corn, fresh tomatoes, stuffed eggs, and biscuits.

Yes, a lovely day.

Here is our choir singing one of my favorite songs... "Arise, My Love"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.