You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Thursday, December 10, 2015

A Small Town Parade

Macy's Thanksgiving parade.  The Rose Bowl parade.  National Independence Day parade.  All are grand and wonderful parades with jaw dropping floats, incredible bands, and amazing costumes.  

But there is something about a small town parade that is even more grand and wonderful.


The hospitality.


Little children waiting with their mamas.


Local heroes - the first responders - leading the way.


Simple decorations.


Floats made by families.


And ridden on by local children.  So fun to hear the calls... "Hi Mommy!"... "Grandpa!  Look at ME!"


Even the back of a pick-up is grand!


School mascots come visiting.


Safe behind Mom's back is a perfect place to watch.


Guess who?


Bringing up the rear... the long-ears!

There's another way that small town parades are the best...


Thrown candy!!


So much that a Wee Princess needs help getting it picked up before the next group rolls by!


Run!  Here they come - with more candy to catch.  (Note the Princess's candy tote purse sitting ready.)


What a haul!  Her bag is almost full.


She shares too.

Yes, small town parades are just perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.