Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Recent "Nifty, Thrifty" Finds

Because I have picked up some wonderful things lately thru ‘thrifting and gifting’, I’m going to try my first “link up party”. Coastal Charm has “Nifty, Thrifty Tuesdays” and these finds certainly qualify as that!

Hit the jackpot at my sister’s home. She GAVE me these first 4 things


First are these cool blown glass plate chargers. There are 8 blue ones and 4 yellow.


I can’t believe she was tired of this cute corn on the cob plate. Don’t you love the place to hold the corn picks?


And she decided she could no longer use this desk set. Yippee!! I was SO excited to get it! Mom bought this from a second hand shop when I was around 1 year old. That’s been a while…


The other thing she parted with was this telephone stand that was my great grandmothers. After a bit of refinishing I know exactly where I’m going to put it.


Found this little bench at a yard sale just down the road. The lady said it was an old piano bench. The top has seen better days but for $3 it came home with me. I have plans for it…


This little shelf is from the same sale. Not sure what I will do with it but for another $3 it’s mine!


Knew as soon as I saw it what I’m going to do with this $1 blast from the past. It won’t look the same when I’m done with it.


This burlap was wrapped around a large plant I purchased. I bet there is 10 yards of it!! I’ve some plans for this freebie!


 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you so much for your warm comments on my blog! You are very sweet! Love all the things you "inherited" here, especially the furniture, strip the paint off those babies and you'll have some real treasures!! Thanks again for your uplifting comments! Hugs from Norway :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you have in mind for the luggage; I have one JUST LIKE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Teri, can we see each and every makeover for those? The before and after-you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-what a lot of nice freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What treasures your sister gifted you with that were originally from your Mom and Great Grandmother! Oh and yes, I definitely look forward to seeing your makeovers! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.