Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Pinterest Inspired: Mixed Media Hymn Art

When Best Friend came over for a ‘chick weekend’ (no Y chromosomes allowed!) we spent a day crafting. 

We were inspired both by photos of mixed media projects on Pinterest and some examples we saw shopping in Franklin, TN.  So we dug into my stash of stuff (which is why ‘junk’ is not always junk!).

Rough barn wood frames I’d gotten from my folks.  Burlap that had wrapped some plants from a nursery.  A hymnal I’d picked up at a yard sale.  And various odds and ends from everywhere!

Soon we each had a lovely piece of art for our homes.

…Without spending a cent!

~ Mine ~

~ Best Friend’s ~



3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Coastal Charm. Isn't it fun spending time with the girls and crafting. There's nothing like girl time. Your media hymm art is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to let you all know that your hymn projects inspired me! I made this for my sister's birthday. I can post it because she is not on Pinterest...yet. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/120963939968776924/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope your sister loves her gift. Very nice!

      Delete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.