Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Pinterest Inspired Painted Stones

Here's a little creative DIY project I've started working on... spurred on by the 'Pinterest Inspired'  challenge "Get Your DIY On" at 'The House of Hoff'.
I want to have some beautiful stones with patterns painted on them to pile on my fireplace hearth.  So I have raided our landscaping stones and turning them into my new creative canvases. 

Here's one of the first I've done:


It's all very simple, tho a little time consuming.  

I find a rock I like that day and scrub it clean.  Then I use a black Sharpie and draw my design.  They are all free hand and are whatever comes to mind at that moment.  After that, just color the design with other Sharpies.


This stone surprised me.  See the shine?  I didn't do that!  It is the mica in the granite.  It sparkles as tho I have sprinkled it with glitter.  I love it!

The photo below is my Pinterest inspiration.










2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! Itd make a great addition to interiors. Love this. Did u paint on top of the designs??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I filled in the design with colored Sharpies... a 'big girl' coloring book! LOL

      Delete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.