You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Monday, January 9, 2012

Snow Jars... My Way


I’m rather pleased with my little snow jars.



With all the traveling I have been doing, I hadn’t seen the pictures on Pinterest of the snow globes from Anthropologie.  So after Thanksgiving when we were in the store, I picked up one of the cute jars.  

And very carefully set it back down.  Seriously… they wanted $38 for a quart size snow globe. 

Methinks not! 



Next day I hit the Dollar Tree.  Package with 2 mini snow frocked evergreen trees… $1.  Package with a set of three people… $1.



One for Little Bird.



One for Little Hoss.



And one for me.



Jars from my stockpile.  I got this at Home Goods for $2.50.



Glitter.  Used about $5 worth (Martha is spendy but it’s good stuff!).  Had a lot left over.



I glued the figures down with a hot glue gun.  Then I brushed white glue on the bottom of each jar and poured in some of the finest glitter.  Swirled it around to cover the bottom of the jar.  I wanted the bottom to not be able to be seen thru when the jar is shaken.  

Then I poured in a bunch of the course and medium glitters ( I mixed them to what I liked the looks of... not too dusty).  

And ta-da!  Snow globes. 



Anthropologie… $38 each.   

Teri… $5.50 each.   

6 comments:

  1. When my boys were little I had them make presents for their aunts and uncles. One year we did snow globes. However, I'm pretty sure theirs didn't look as nice as yours do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowglobes are great! I also saw these at Anthropologie and thought they were a really cute idea. When I looked at the price, I thought "I can make these myself for alot less". These are on my list to make for next Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I may have to try some of these myself next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job! Well done. Great price too!!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw you on the CSI glitter challenge (mine is the candle votive holders). I love this post! Such a great idea. I will be trying this for Christmas this year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.