Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Zero Dollar Decorating Challenge



I’m going to have some fun by combining three of my passions – decluttering, being frugal, and redecorating my home.   Pinterest hasn’t helped curb those passions either!   

Then I found a great idea on the blog "The Thrifty Abode" (http://thethriftyabode.blogspot.com/ ) – “Zero Dollar Decorating”.   Brilliant idea!  I have SO much stuff available to use (lumber, hardware, cloth, etc) that I am issuing myself the same challenge!  I will spend nothing and will completely makeover a room or area.  I have 7 areas (so far) that I want to work on.  I’m sure that list will expand!   

I will make one exception to the no spend rule… paint for the walls.  You can’t make it and it is an important element in redecorating a room.  However, any other paint for furniture, frames, whatever… has to come from my stash.  

Also considered “fair” will be found items, swaps, gifts, or smuggled-out-of-my-parents-house.  (Shhhhh… don’t tell them!)  ;-)    

I’ll tell you my plans for my first makeover on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.