You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Sunday, January 29, 2012

Zero Dollar Decorating Challenge


 
I’m going to have some fun by combining three of my passions – decluttering, being frugal, and redecorating my home.   Pinterest hasn’t helped curb those passions either!   

Then I found a great idea on the blog "The Thrifty Abode" (http://thethriftyabode.blogspot.com/ ) – “Zero Dollar Decorating”.   Brilliant idea!  I have SO much stuff available to use (lumber, hardware, cloth, etc) that I am issuing myself the same challenge!  I will spend nothing and will completely makeover a room or area.  I have 7 areas (so far) that I want to work on.  I’m sure that list will expand!   

I will make one exception to the no spend rule… paint for the walls.  You can’t make it and it is an important element in redecorating a room.  However, any other paint for furniture, frames, whatever… has to come from my stash.  

Also considered “fair” will be found items, swaps, gifts, or smuggled-out-of-my-parents-house.  (Shhhhh… don’t tell them!)  ;-)    

I’ll tell you my plans for my first makeover on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.