Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Brat Plants

I never knew until this spring that plants can be brats.  Who would have thought it! 

A few years ago I had to move my iris from the front of the house when I put in my herb bed.  That was in ’10.  They have put up beautiful foliage every year but not a single bloom until last year.  Then a couple decided to give it a go.  A single yellow iris and my ‘Black Knight’ flowered. 

I decided that perhaps they didn’t like where they were at.  So I made a new planting bed and planned on moving them this month. 

That was until I looked out my window a few days ago…








And more are sending up flower stems!

Looks like instead of digging, I’m going to be weeding and mulching!



1 comment:

  1. Sometimes iris need a couple years to get re-established before they bloom.

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.