You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Thursday, May 1, 2014

Dogwoods and Strawberry Wine

Did you know that May is National Photo Month?  Now you have a reason to spend some time with your camera!  

A few weeks ago I visited a friend who owns a beautiful Federal style post-antebellum home.  She invited us out to take some photos of the dogwood blooming in her yard. 

I jumped on that offer!


You get that “Welcome” feeling as you walk up to the back door.


I love the chippy paint.  This home wears her age well.


The front of the house has this lovely statue in what was the center of the drive.  


A perfect dogwood.


Looking up to a balcony.


You know it is spring when the dogwood bloom.


She has a few of these dark pink in the back yard.  


OK… so it isn’t dogwood.  But isn’t it pretty just the same?

BTW, my friend’s house was used in a country music video for Deana Carter’s song “Strawberry Wine”.  It was made shortly after they moved there… before the renovations were started.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.