Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Gotta Tell You About: Diebolds Produce Market and Greenhouse

On our trips to see my family, we have a main pit stop we'll make.  Besides a good place to get gas and a burger at Mackers, just down the nearby service road is one of my happy places.

Diebold's Orchards.  

It's a produce market and plant green house and gift shop - all rolled up in one.


On our way home in May we stopped in.  It was such a dreich day (Scottish for miserable wet).  However, that didn't slow me down a bit.  I was on an herb hunt!


I headed out in the wet towards the greenhouse shed where the herbs are kept.  I only slowed down a little bit to check out the bedding plants.


On the other side of the building are the main greenhouses.  That is where Himself headed off to.  Browsing for plants in the rain isn't high on his list of activities.


Little Red framed by flowers.


Not many apples left.  They have a huge cold storage area so apples are available from crop to crop.  In season there will be about 15 or more types to chose from.


Heading into the greenhouses you are greeted by cactus and succulents.


Love that agave plant.


Petals from the huge bougainvillea plant growing in there.  It's trying to take over an area... and doing a pretty good job of it.


Himself wishing.  He loves the tone of these huge chimes.


Then there are all the flowers for sale.















Amazing... yes?

And they are your go-to place for coleus.









Love all of them.  I'm going to plan some areas for them in my garden next year.

If you are along I-55 between Sikeston and Cape Girardeau, Missouri, at the Benton exit, Diebold's is an excellent stop for plants or just to get out to walk around.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.