You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Saturday, January 7, 2017

Cajun Food at the Bayou in Pocahontas, MO

Himself and I were treated to lunch at this hidden gem in the tiny town of Pocahontas, MO.  It is just a short distance north from Cape Girardeau, MO.


When you see this unassuming building with the huge parking lot... you are there!


The cold dreich Wednesday weather must have kept the locals home, tho a few did wander in while we were there.


The menu had a lot to pick from and we each had a different meal.


Cajun Catfish dinner.  Himself said it was the best catfish he'd ever had.  He also had the blackberry cobbler which he said was excellent.


Jumbo shrimp dinner with okra and fries.


Red beans and rice.


And my Gumbo with okra and wonderful cornbread.  

Will we go back again?

Absolutely!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.