Pages

Friday, January 20, 2017

Homemade Candied Orange Peel

One of my favorite treats from candy shops is candied orange peel...especially if it has been dipped in dark chocolate.  Yummy!

Not long ago I found an easy looking recipe at "Closet Cooking" http://www.closetcooking.com/2011/02/candied-orange-peel.html   So when some beautiful oranges were juiced at the Whole Foods class we worked, I grabbed up the leftover rinds before they could be thrown away.


I followed the recipe and soon had my own treats.  And better than the shops!

Next batch I will be more careful on draining the peels as I got a bit of sugar clumping due to the excess moisture.  And I will do much longer slices for dipping in dark chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.