You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Saturday, January 21, 2017

Marble Stone Stand

One of the grand things about having my studio functional is all the unfinished projects (UFOs) that I can now get to.  And to give myself an extra push I issued a challenge to the members of the Facebook crafting group ("Whimsy and Cozy Craft Club") that I belong to.  

Each at the beginning of each month we select a "UFO" project and finish it that month.  Then on the end the month we each share what we finished.

For my first project I did one of my easier UFOs while I'm still getting in my 2017 rhythm.  

I found about 10 small marble and granite slabs at the ReStore for almost nothing.  A few of them became table tops for on my deck.  



I've been wanting to make a small one to put on my dresser to set my heart-shaped stones on.

After a good scrubbing all I had to do was to use some 220 grit sand paper to remove the old adhesive and some surface stains.  Then I wiped it down with a damp paper towel.  



After drying I measured and marked where I wanted to place the legs (in this case, some drawer pulls).  I used E6000 to make sure they stayed right where I put them.

Once the glue set up, I gave them a quick spray of clear coat.

With that I was done!  And I am wondering why it took me so long to do it in the first place...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.