Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Marble Stone Stand

One of the grand things about having my studio functional is all the unfinished projects (UFOs) that I can now get to.  And to give myself an extra push I issued a challenge to the members of the Facebook crafting group ("Whimsy and Cozy Craft Club") that I belong to.  

Each at the beginning of each month we select a "UFO" project and finish it that month.  Then on the end the month we each share what we finished.

For my first project I did one of my easier UFOs while I'm still getting in my 2017 rhythm.  

I found about 10 small marble and granite slabs at the ReStore for almost nothing.  A few of them became table tops for on my deck.  



I've been wanting to make a small one to put on my dresser to set my heart-shaped stones on.

After a good scrubbing all I had to do was to use some 220 grit sand paper to remove the old adhesive and some surface stains.  Then I wiped it down with a damp paper towel.  



After drying I measured and marked where I wanted to place the legs (in this case, some drawer pulls).  I used E6000 to make sure they stayed right where I put them.

Once the glue set up, I gave them a quick spray of clear coat.

With that I was done!  And I am wondering why it took me so long to do it in the first place...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.