You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Friday, September 14, 2012

My Artful Friday #3: Turquoise Pottery

The challenge for this week at Three Muses was “turquoise”.  Having used that color in another challenge recently, I decided to kinda cheat this week.  I’ve been taking a pottery class and a couple pieces I’ve recently glazed were turquoise.  So I will show those to you!
 
 
I did this mug on the wheel.  This thing is the result of some battles royal with the clay I’m using.  It is a very dense clay and it fights back on the wheel.  I am soooo sore after a couple hours.  I’m here to tell you… it is nowhere as easy to form up as that famous scene from “Ghost”!!
 
For the handle I braided three ropes of clay and attached it to the mug. 
 
 
 I call this my pizza plate!  LOL  It is a piece of my slab work.  I could get lazy doing slabs.  They are so easy and very fun.  The texture in the bottom of the plate is from the canvas on the slab roller.  I liked them and didn’t work them out of the clay. 
I'm looking forward to learning more about pottery in my classes!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. You have such talent, Teri. These are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started going through the other entries at The Three Muses- I love this- I am starting to fall in love with ceramics, and the turquoise glaze is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the subtle turquoise tones of the pottery. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Three Muses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pottery creations ~ Wonderful! (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very BEautimous, Teri!! love those pieces!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.