Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

A Simple Day

Sometimes the best pleasures come from the simplest activities.  A few days ago Himself and I took a simple walk down the trail to the lake near our home. 

We enjoyed the wildflowers growing along the path.  I’m not sure what they all were, like this one.

But I know this is spiderwort.

And I think this is wild ginger.

Flaming star?

Not sure about these either.  But they are beautiful.

A trillium.

Ladybug, ladybug… fly away home…

 
These tree roots caught my eye.

The lake has a family of beaver who have made a large lodge for themselves.

There are a lot of their paths coming up from the water…

… to the trees they are gnawing down.

I was VERY surprised to see gar in the lake.  They must have washed in from the river during the last flood.  (The specks in the water are actually cottonwood ‘fluff’ that the camera interpreted as very bright objects… who knows why!!)

And I was even more surprised when one “yawned” and I saw their huge teeth!!  Alrighty then!  I’ll never be dipping my toes in that lake!!!

A walk along the lake is such a simple activity and that simplicity was exactly what we needed for that afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. The shot with the tree roots are amazing. And I love the colors of that little lady bug! Great captures, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Simplicity submission was great from beginning to end - both the story and the amazing photos. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome! Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pics of such simple things!

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.