Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pinterest Inspired: Hanging Bird Bath

Back in October I wrote about a cool pottery workshop we had visited ( http://teri-gonewalkabout2.blogspot.com/2011/10/silver-ridge-pottery.html

Lee, the owner, had let me select a piece from her artfully arranged castoffs that lined her drive to use in my yard.  (There were some FABULOUS pieces out there that I would have been ecstatic if I had made them…).

See that wide tray with handles on the lower right of the pile?  That came home with me.  It is worn and chipped but it is still beautiful.  And I have been trying to figure out what to do with it ever since! 

Himself and I are busy working on our “bird garden” in the front yard.  And as soon as I saw a hanging bird bath on Pinterest, I knew what I was going to do with my tray! 

After getting the ropes all level (which was a bit tricky since the wreath isn’t an even circle) it was time to burn the fuzzies off the rope… and there were a LOT of fuzzies!

But it looks so much better cleaned up.  I kept a wet rag in my left hand to put out any flames that got too large or embers that glowed too long.  Then when I was finished I rubbed the whole thing down with the rag.

A grapevine wreath and a bit of jute rope… and I had my own beautiful hanging bird bath!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.