Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

To Market, To Market...

Friday we made our first visit of the year to the Nashville Farmer’s Market.  It made me happy just walking in!  The first thing I smelled were PEACHES.  Ripe delicious peaches.

I could easily live in a culture where one goes out each morning and selects the foods that will be prepared for supper that evening.

I make a loop that visits every single vendor before I start buying.

A few greens from one place…

Tomatoes from another. 

REAL tomatoes that smell (and taste) like a tomato should.  And the chances to try new varieties like these pink ones.  I picked up a green one to fry up too!

There’s even a honey vendor! 

Being here just makes me want to come home and COOK!  I came out loaded up with good things.  Tomatoes, squash, corn on the cob, a watermelon and of course peaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.